Monday, August 10, 2015

Disney 2015 Day Two

16 hours. 16 INCREDIBLE hours at the Magic Kingdom. We had planned for this to be our only MK day so I planned fervently prior to our trip so we could meet everyone/do everything we wanted to. It rained so we missed out on meeting Fairy Godmother and Marie, but it was still an amazing day! Missing those two was a bummer, but the rain kept the temp down and the crowds low. Totally worth it! lol 

Pixie Dust is a term used to describe something extra special and unexpected happening. I had forgotten to mention that we had received dinner for free the day prior because someone had left overs from their meal plan. Pixie Dust! Well, we had quite a bit of Pixie Dust this day as well, including one extra special dousing of Pixie Dust! Yes, dousing. Not sprinkling, but dousing! We had this pretty much every day! On our WISH Trip that can almost be expected, but this trip we received as much as, if not more! We were blown away! The only thing you expect at Disney is just the magic of being there. Any Pixie Dust is always unexpected and always appreciated!

We had 3 character meals that day. Lunch and dinner were must do's and I chose breakfast because I wanted to be in the park before it opened. Next time I would only do CRT for breakfast and BOG for dinner. I didn't realize you could do CRT for breakfast, otherwise we would have done that instead of CP. Nothing against CP! We are not just the biggest Winnie the Pooh fans (though she LOVED meeting them), and 3 character meals in one day is very pricey so if we had to leave one off, that is the one we would choose. 

I always dress Annie up, but this trip I decided to let her wear multiple costumes to go with the park or the character meals. I thought my hubs would think I was crazy and be annoyed with having to carry the costumes. Honestly, it was SO easy and SO SO SO worth it! Annie got so much attention from the characters she was matching! Also, even when she wasn't matching, she got more attention than if she were to only wear a normal outfit. If you are on the fence about dressing up your kids- DO IT! Pixie Dust is never a guarantee, but the chances seem to increase (or at least in our case), when you are matching a character. ;)

 We were the first people at the park besides CMs. No one was on the bus with us. :)
 One of the main reasons to have breakfast at the parks- castle all to yourself for pics!
 If you are wondering, Memory Maker is worth every penny. We had over 900 pics, (including stock images). At least 700 were just of us. :)

 I may ask someone to photoshop the people and the poll out of this pic. I can photoshop, but not well enough for that!
 We love Dumbo! Well, we love all pachyderms! ;)


 Waiting for Crystal Palace to open. Annie was thinking just what Flynn Rider would, "I could get used to a view like this. Yep, I'm used to it. Guys I want a castle."

Mickey waffles are a must!

Pooh and friends at Crystal Palace









 This might make me a terrible mom, but check Annie's face! Poor thing! Too funny though! 
 Have no fear, all was well! :)


Alice and the White Rabbit

 I wish I knew what they were talking about. ;)
 She was having a blast! Alice is a recent favorite of hers!



 I just noticed while I was posting these, the Alice I chose to paint on my shirt is the exact one on Annie's dress. I just picked it because she was holding a tea cup! :)

Riding the Tea Cups

  One of our favorite things to do!


Meeting Tiana



 Tiana asked her if she was taking good care of her magnolia, and of course she liked that her cameo was on it. :)
 Annie saying, "uhh, yeah!"

 Thanks to the old series, "Sing Along Songs, Disneyland Fun," Annie really wanted to ride the Haunted Mansion (this movie also got her into the live action Haunted Mansion movie). We got lucky and had just enough time to catch this pic with the busts. She was a little nervous that they would start singing! 

 Walking out of Haunted Mansion the rain started. We all had coordinating Mickey and Minnie ponchos just in case it rained so at least we still looked cute in pics. ;)
With Rapunzel's tower. :)


Riding Seven Dwarfs Mine Train 

 If you have the magic band, it will take pics and a video of you riding! We rode it twice that day- the second time we were in our third outfit change. ;)

 Annie had a blast, but would put her head down when it would go fast! 
 I was trying to keep her head up! lol

Riding Dumbo!


Meeting Daisy, Donald, Goofy and Minnie


 Kisses for Donald

 Daddy loves Donald. Daddy IS Donald.

 Kisses from Donald ;)
 Bowing to Goofy
 Dancing with Goofy




Ariel in her Grotto
 The wait for her said 25 minutes. We had lunch reservations, but had plenty of time to make the 25 minutes. An hour passed and we still had a handful of families in front of us. We were waiting with another family from Texas and the mom went ahead and asked several families if we could go ahead of them since we had reservations. Everyone said yes! I never would have asked and was about to get out of line and come back later! There were still two families in front of us and when they heard about our reservations, they too let us go ahead of them! This is Disney, y'all!! Even strangers can be so generous!

Lunch at Cinderella's Royal Table



 They sell a mini replica of the BATB stained glass. If they sold these, (and other princesses like this), I would buy the whole set! 

 Cinderella asked if Annie brought her frog and they spent quite a while looking for it. ;)


 Back upstairs Cinderella just happened to pass by so she stopped to say hi again and to check on the frog situation. ;)

 Definitely not flattering of me, but I had to put it here- she wanted to "clink" our glasses. :) 
 Each kiddo was given a wishing star. The girls received these magic wands and the boys received swords. During the meal there was a wishing ceremony. I got it on video. Annie was so excited that she "made magic!" Cue the waterworks! 




 


Anna and Elsa




 Cinderella
 Annie told Cinderella to tell her stepsisters about her wheelchair! :) So sweet! :)


Rapunzel
 Annie and Rapunzel spent time looking for Pascal. Annie said he was in a plant next to them and even said he went under her dress. :)





Frozone and Mr. and Mrs. Incredible

Here is one of the highlights of our trip! And actually it is one of the highlights of all 3 of our trips! The Pixie Dust was overflowing!! 


At her WISH trip in December, she fell head over heels in love with Frozone at the Incredibles Dance Party. My friend even sent Annie a Frozone doll- I had looked everywhere for one and couldn't find one! Thanks again Sarah!
We assumed it was because she was a WISH kid- all 3 characters swarmed Annie and danced with her, and her alone! Other kids would approach them and they would wave them away so Annie would have all of their attention! It was so special! 

We were so excited to see them at Hollywood Studios that same day. :) 


Ok, back to present day! 

We ran over to the dance party and Frozone was near the edge where we were. I pushed Annie though so she could dance with the other kids in his general area. He once again approached her. I certainly wasn't expecting that. I just wanted to get a quick pic of her dancing near him. :)






 We were so thrilled and ready to go. It was so special.

And then THIS happened!
 The 3 characters were once again swarming Annie! They also gave Annie 100 % of their attention. Now, let me remind you, these CMs had NO IDEA about our experience in December! We were giddy!


 Kisses from Frozone- I think her love for him is more than apparent. ;)

 Kisses from Mr. Incredible :) Check Mrs. Incredible's reaction. ;)


 More kisses! Check Mrs. Incredible's reaction in both pics, and check out Annie's loving gaze in the pic on the right!

Jamming out with Mrs. Incredible




 Bowing to Mrs. Incredible- check her reaction!


 Mrs. Incredible returning the bow, and being touched as always! :) 

So, if we stop right here, it would still have been one of our favorite moments and filled with Pixie Dust. BUT it gets BETTER!!

We walked off, floating on a cloud is more like it, and all of a sudden I noticed a CM running towards me! Yes, running. 

She told us the characters wanted to meet Annie! WHAT?! No one gets to meet Mrs. Incredible! We were so excited! We had an autograph book and I asked the CM if MrsI could sign. She said probably and would also get MrI and Frozone to sign. I told her that wasn't necessary since we'd meet them a few days later in Hollywood studios, (or so I thought). 

 Dancing with Daddy while we were waiting. :)

Backstage:

 priceless!


 Sadly my camera missed it, but Mr. and Mrs, Incredible went in for a kiss at the same time! Once again, check Mrs. Incredible's reaction. :)

Incredible moment, right?! Well, turns out you can no longer meet Mr. Incredible and Frozone in HS! Y'all, we would have been so disappointed! So we got to meet all 3 of these wonderful characters! What an outpouring of Pixie Dust!!


Gaston




 We weren't ready to change dresses just yet, but I was able to slip her Belle dress over Tiana so she could go well with Gaston. :)



 She met him as Belle on her WISH trip and he proposed, (to his glee, she said yes). Anyway, this trip she was prepared how she'd answer, (all on her own accord). She planned on saying: "No. I have to marry someone else named Darren Criss." It is true love, y'all. ;) Sadly, he never proposed. lol

 Kisses!

Tiana and Naveen

Although we had already met Tiana this trip, I heard from a CM that Naveen would be joining Tiana. Umm, yes please!
Annie (per her usual) greeted them with a bow. Check Naveen's reaction! :) 
Naveen reciprocating! :)

Naveen started telling jokes:

 Annie forcefully laughed right on cue which made everyone laugh harder. :)




Tink





Talking Mickey



Storytime with Belle


In December Annie was Phillipe, and I was secretly hoping she'd be picked to be the beast. There was a lot of boys in our group so I figured they would get picked. The CM asked for their best roar and Annie roared very enthusiastically with Beast hands and everything. I was so excited when she was picked to be Beast.
Daddy was picked too. He was a suit of armor. :)

Annie roaring as Beast during the performance. :)


 I had forgotten this part of the show and I was so excited. At the end, Belle and Beast share a dance together! :) 


Going in for the bow...





Riding Small World

 Also one of our favorites :)



Dinner at Be Our Guest

 We had lunch there at Annie's WISH trip, but we HAD to have dinner this time since Beast is there!!



  


 We tried the Grey stuff- the dishes said it was delicious! And it was snowing behind Daddy!




 Kisses to and from Beast :)




She bowed then decided the other way would be better! lol









Our day at Disney was incredible to say the least, everyday was actually. I do have ONE SMALL complaint. I did talk to a CM on another day and she agrees with me being a little upset. I will not be filing a complaint or anything, but I will mention it here just in case a CM sees it and it could prevent it from happening again. (please don't think I am being a negative ninny. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Disney!)

We ran to the other side of the park, after being there for almost 15 hours, to ride Splash Mountain. Annie was finally tall enough and thanks to that Sing Along Songs video, she was super excited to ride it. Though we were beyond exhausted, we made the trek over to it and waited in line. They made Annie stand up to be measured. Y'all she can't stand. Her hair made her tall enough, but her head barely missed it. Now, I know she was tall enough because I had measured her at home, AND she cannot stand fully upright because of her Spina Bifida. That right there was a little frustrating and frankly a little discriminatory. Then he tells me she needs shoes. This is our third trip to a Disney park and we have never been told that. He said it was in case they needed to evacuate the ride. Ok, but what part about her not being able to walk do you not understand. I smiled and said, "I understand the protocol, but I will have to carry her in an evacuation since she cannot walk." 

Needless to say we did not get to ride it. I did not have the energy to fight at this point. I do not fault this CM though. I can only assume that he is a new hire and was only doing what he was told. On Mine Train a few days later I was told the same thing about the shoes and another CM told that CM that it doesn't apply to people in wheelchairs, (the non ambulatory ones). 

Annie went on to ride a few other rides where you have to be 40 in. She is exactly 40 in, but as I said, cannot stand straight enough to be properly measured. 

So, CMs, please know that certain rules may be different for those in wheelchairs. 

Of course, being Disney they made it right. We were given vouchers for free ice cream. :)


Our first time eating Mickey ice cream. A great way to end an incredible day!

2 comments:

  1. I have a special needs son that does not stand either and we were told the same thing. We just laughed. I told them I am not putting HOT shoes on him and making him heavier to carry. Love all of your pictures you are GREAT parents!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love reading this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete