Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Disney August 2016, Day 1

As you can see, I have greatly neglected my blog. :( BUT this is such a great venue to share all of our Disney pics and stories so I am returning! We became Annual Passholders (APs) on our last trip so we will be able to travel there more often, (I guess this blog will get more love from Yours Truly). ;)

Last year we stayed at Art of Animation, but this time we stayed in the Royal Room at Port Orleans Riverside. The room was so much fun, and the resort as a whole was so laid back and peaceful. It was actually kind of a weird experience. This is Disney (a super fun place)- it shouldn't be this peaceful, but it was. :) 

Here are some obligatory room decor pics:



 You pressed a button and fireworks appeared! Annie LOVED this!





Y'all I NEED this wallpaper. Like NEED. Anyone have friends at Disney that can sell me some? ;)


And while you're at it, I'll take some of these bed accents too!
 

 After unpacking, we changed Annie into her Snow White costume and headed over to Disney Springs, (formerly Downtown Disney). 




 On our trip we test drove our first set of Snow White Jamberry nails! They lasted 2 weeks- through 12 hour HOT Disney park days, etc. My friend is a consultant if you are interested. ;)

Annie was very excited to build a lightsaber! I thought she'd choose purple, (closest to pink)...


We stopped back at the hotel to change for dinner, (there is a boat that will take you from POR to Disney Springs!). One of my favorite character meals is the Cinderella dinner at 1900 Park Fare. :)
 Annie taking the Magic Carpet to dinner! ;)



 I must mention this here. Since our trip last year, I gained some weight- some was my fault, but some was a result of taking steroids for a back spasm in the spring. That extra weight, especially in my face, made me want to wear a tent and bag over my face, but I know it is temporary. In fun news. I enjoyed my pink hair- which sadly almost completely faded by the end of the trip. :/ I also cut my mermaid hair the other day to a shorter, long length. haha





 Still laughing at Drizella's antics!

 Lady Tremaine asked Annie if she liked cleaning, (she does) so she hired her. She said she'd pay her in stickers, they shook on it, then she said she really wouldn't pay her at all. haha

 Last year at this meal, Prince Charming asked Annie to dance. It was magical to say the least, and Annie had been hoping he'd ask her again.
By the time the dance came, he hadn't even seen her yet, so naturally he didn't pick her. She still kept hoping he'd dance with her, (not fully understanding that magic moment had passed).
He finally came to our table, they took their pic, and right as he stepped away, Annie immediately sunk, "he didn't dance with me." I told her, "well, you should have asked him." Thankfully Princey was in ear shot and let Annie request a dance (which of course he obliged).


 I love how he took her chair to turn her during their dance!  This prince is a prince of a guy for sure! 

 Bowing to each other

 When I noticed the moment was initially missed I was a little bummed, but that's life- certainly not a trip-ruiner. BUT having her ask him actually made it even more special!!
If you ask her about her trip, she will mention dancing with the prince as one of her top memories. During the trip she kept saying, "I can't believe I got to dance with the prince!"



2 comments:

  1. Love the nails 😊😊 and we loved the evil stepsisters on our trip! I want to go back to Disney so bad!!

    ReplyDelete