Sunday, August 14, 2016

Disney August 2016 Day 6

This was our second Hollywood Studios day- just so Annie could do Jedi Training. :)
Annie BB8 (with Leia bow) and Minne Leia

We visited with this Cast Memeber while waiting for the Doc show the day before. She told us she was an artist so she made these for Annie and brought them back for us this day! How sweet is that?!

Y'all saw Annie's Chewie dress, and the day after this one y'all will see her Han Solo dress. Prior to buying those dresses I bought Annie these Star Wars costume aprons, (BB8, Darth Vader and R2D2). We set out this day to make sure she wore them all. :)
Kylo asked if she was the droid he was after. She said no and that it was the BB8 on my purse. Thanks a lot Annie. haha




I am team light side all the way! Annie on the other hand loves princesses and heroes but also loves villains and the dark side. haha After meeting Kylo as Chewie and BB8, we went back in line to meet him as Darth Vader.
Annie entered the room and said, "I am your grandfather."
Inviting Annie to the dark side
Smiliest member of the dark side! haha

Check Annie's side eye at Kylo! haha

Chewie and R2 reunite!
Chewie checking out Annie's R2 bracelet, and he found her Darth Vader one. haha 



The Jawas loving on her again! :)




I mentioned in my last post that the interaction with the Storm Troopers can be limited. They once again took to Annie and posed for a pic. I lamented that I her face was in the shadow (on my camera she didn't look this clear). Well, the Storm Trooper motioned to me that he had a better photo spot! What a Sweet Trooper. ;) But really, fantastic CM!

The sass is strong with this one

We had to get this BB8 cup! :)


Jedi Training!
We love Disney. We live it. haha I hate complaining at all, and really I have barely anything to complain about. I do need to mention this though. Do you see the two lines? One is to fight the Seventh Sister and one is to fight Darth Vader. If Annie was in the SS line, then fine, there is a 50/50 chance. Well, Annie actually was in the Darth Vader line! When we got to the show, the DV line went on stage and the other line stayed down. Because of Annie's wheelchair, Annie was switched groups at the stage. There was a ramp to the stage, but it was from back stage I guess. 

Because of one of Annie's diagnoses, Annie didn't notice she was switched groups. She had been talking about fighting DV for months and actually was in line to fight him! Because of her diagnosis, she also didn't realize that she fought the SS and not DV. If you ask her, she fought DV. 

Here is my complaint- Annie luckily has a diagnosis which kept her from being aware that her wheelchair kept her from fighting DV. But what about other children in chairs that don't have that diagnosis?  Imagine- they get to the stage, realize they are in line for DV, and as their line mates head up the stairs they are kept behind because of their wheelchair. Isn't that a slap in the face? 

Anyway, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Disney. Always have, always will. They spoil Annie's socks off and bless us immensely. They care well for people in wheelchairs and I love them for it. This was just an area I wanted to share that maybe they weren't aware of. They need to make that stage accessible or move the kids while they are still in line on the blue dots so it isn't as obvious. Moving while on the blue dots would be wise, but making the stage accessible would be best. :) 

As I said, Annie still thinks she fought DV, but I sure with I had pics of her really fighting him. We were this close. We will go back in December and will sign up again, so I promise there is no bad blood here!

These are out of order:
Annie noticed the photopass photog taking pics so she posed! haha 

Annie's reaction when Kylo Ren came out! :)
The top two were caught by the photopass photog, and I caught this one! haha

Fighting the seventh sister! :)


I think this is why Annie still thinks she fought DV. They use the force to push back DV, SS, and KR. :) She really did have a blast!
Princess Darth Vader Jedi in training! haha

 Notice Annie wheeling back into position and notice Woody's pride in her! *swoon*

 Showing Woody her Mickey Woody plush. :)

Buzz felt a little left out, but I promised him we'd return as him in December :)

 Riding the Midway with the Mickey Woody the ride CMs gave her for her adoptionversary :)


 This is why I hate saying anything negative- Disney is so awesome! There are a few rides that people in wheelchairs don't have to transfer! I hope one day there will be more. :) Right now we tried it out as a novelty (Annie had a blast riding in her wheelchair), but soon it will be a need for her for sure! The bigger she gets, the harder it will be for her to transfer.

We then changed her back into BB8 and headed over to the Grand Floridian for the Wonderland Tea Party!
Waving at the castle from the Monorail

The Wonderland Tea Party was a blast! Annie dressed as the Mad Hatter and I was so excited to watch her have fun. Online it says it is for kids only, but I thought that meant I would be watching from the side. When we arrived I found out that parents were not allowed. I was a mess, but I knew she was safe with Disney and would have a blast. I was a mess, not with worry, but because I wasn't able to watch her have fun. :)
Thankfully they have photopass photogs in there to save my day. ;)




Before I left, I caught this pic of Annie decorating her teacup. The other pic is from photopass of them entering the tea party before the guests of honor. :)

They're here!





 Besides decorating the teacups that they got to keep, they also got to take home a teapot that Alice and Mad Hatter signed. :) 

 With tea they also got to decorate cupcakes...

 Annie can't recall very easily so she couldn't share what happened very well. My heart soared when I saw the pics of her with the icing on her nose. I mean, really y'all. I die. Annie says Alice and the Mad Hatter put icing on their noses so she did too. LOVE LOVE LOVE 

 Obviously the icing on her nose is adorable, but look at her laughing too. LOVE these pics so much! Wish I could have been there, but so grateful for these pics! Bravo, Disney! 

Then she got to be cleaned up by the Mad Hatter and Alice! :) 


There were many pics of the kids like this, so I assume they were playing a game like telephone or something. haha

all the tea party guests ;)


I said above that I hate to complain about Disney, and here is another reason why. Actually pretty much this whole blog shows why I have no reason to complain against Disney. They are so good to us! I just had to mention the line thing to help other families.

Anyway, we were about to head to MK is the Cinderella rag dress, and I saw that in about 20 minutes Cinderella would arrive at the hotel for the Princess Promenade. I had heard about it and since we were there (and just happened to be in a Cinderella costume) we would check it out.

When Cinderella (and the Prince!) arrive, they take a group picture, then head off for a promenade downstairs where then there is a short dance party.

Here is why I can never really complain about the incredible Disney:
Obviously stairs and wheelchairs don't mix. They could have told us to just wait until everyone got downstairs, but Annie would have missed out on a lot of the promenade. Instead, they had Cinderella ride in the elevator with her while Prince Charming lead the other kids down the stairs! On top of the extra special elevator ride, Annie also got to hold hands with Cinderella while they walked to the elevator!
How awesome is this?!

After the promenade, Cinderella and Prince Charming danced while everyone watched, and then we were encouraged to join in with our princesses. :)

Paul had gotten separated from us because only I went in the elevator with Annie and Cinderella. I danced with her while he walked over, but someone else cut in before he could:


Cinderella told us to follow them out... what?! They had already showered her, what more could they do?!

Showing her the carriage made of chocolate!

Special photo op time! eek!

I can't recall the lady in pink's name. :/ She was part of the "show" too. Sorry!

Off to the Magic Kingdom for Cinderella :)















We finally checked out Mickey's Philharmargic 



On the way out of the park, a man gave her this balloon. :)

Annie has limited mobility (obviously), but she loves pulling up to stand on furniture. She did this in the hotel and then asked, "how is this pose, Mommy?" I think she took notes watching the princesses pose! :)

1 comment:

  1. So glad all the CM's treated her so well as did the characters. She deserves it. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete